What is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a procedure in which a tooth-covered resin material is applied and hardened with a special light, which ultimately “bonds” the material to the tooth to restore or improve your smile. Dental bonding is among the easiest and least expensive of cosmetic dental procedures. Unlike veneers and crowns, which are customized tooth coverings that must be manufactured in a lab, bonding can usually be done in one office visit.
What is it used for?
- To repair decayed teeth
- To repair chipped or cracked teeth
- To improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- To close spaces between teeth
- To make teeth look longer
- To change the shape of teeth
- As a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
- To protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recede
To schedule a dental bonding consultation at Willett & Patton DDS, call our Columbia, MO office today at (573)445-5300.